Thursday, February 26, 2009

Gotta Love Em

Last night as Roper knelt beside his bed to say his prayers I had to stifle a laugh. Besides the usual, this is what he said,..." and please, please, please, don't let me have bad dreams about tornadoes. Please let me dream about Tom and Jerry."

The other night for family home evening, Roper, Mylee, and I accompanied Brody to his night job unloading cattle trucks. This job has been a blessing for our family but Brody has never hated a job more. (and I hate the way it makes his clothes, hair, our car,...and pretty much everything else Brody touches after work, smell!) Anyway, while Brody is trudging in 2 feet of cow manure (or sludge, or waste, or a word that I can't use because it is borderline profanity) and cows are running by him and kicking the ick into his hair and face and on his clothes, Roper says, "Dad when I grow up I want to have a job unloading cattle trucks just like you." The look on Brody's face was priceless! I thought his eyes were going to pop out of his head. It was hilarious! There is nothing like the love a boy has for his father...especially one as good as Roper's dad! And there is nothing like the love a father has for his son...for example...working this horrid job!!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

oh sweet Roper. Thats so funny because CLay had a nightmare about Tom and Jerry the other night! I love Brody and I am so glad that he is such a good dad. Roper and Mylee are lucky kids. Now if only IF ONLY Brody could have some good looks too, then he would be a total package. (jk bro.)

Holly said...

That is so sweet. It's got to make the job a bit easier knowing it's hero work to a little guy!

Erin said...

Roper couldn't be sweeter. It makes me look forward to when Jonah gets to be his age. Also, Happy birthday to little Mylee! Happy days.

Train Gang said...

priceless. you have to admit that its a MUCH cooler job than sitting at a desk, punching a calculator!! Roper knows a fun job when he sees it. The picture of him on the side of your blog looks SO much like a Hessing to me!! You guys make SUPER cute kids, can't wait for the next.

Philip and Melissa said...

haaaaaaaaa!!! that's perfect...what a sweet boy kenz!