
"Dad! There's a badger in the backyard!"...this is what we heard one evening from our Roper. We both thought...sure, wow, a badger...it's probably a dog. Well it was a badger and it wasn't really in our backyard. It was in the field behind our backyard but I think that is close enough for me. Brody called Grandpa and told him to bring his gun. Grandpa shot him from our driveway, went out into the field, and brought us back our badger. Ya know, they are kind of cute little animals until you look at their 5 inch claws!! This one happend to have a pipe stuck around it's neck. It wasn't very old so we probably saved it from strangling to death. Grandpa cut one of the claws out for Roper to keep but our dog ate it...LOVELY HUH?! Just another day on the farm...




2 comments:
That is such a classic story- it reminds me a lot of the adventures I had as a kid growing up in little old Magrath. I totally see the appeal of farm life, 5-inch-claw badgers and all! :)
Sorry- that's from Erin... I was signed in under Lee Lee's account on accident. Oops!
Post a Comment