When I think of these days with Roper I will remember the way he always smelled like outside....the little spots of spilled lunch on his shirt...the endless pictures he drew of dinosaurs...
his love for red ants and black widow spiders...the way he would roll his eyes at me when I would say some silly thing to try and get him out of a bad mood...
and how he would follow his dad around doing whatever it was that dad was doing...feeding and watering the horses...setting syphon tubes in the pasture...doctoring the horses...riding...killing weeds...mowing the lawn... I will remember how much he loved me and how he would make the bus wait so he could run back and give me one last kiss and hug before he left for school. This is my Roper and I am blessed beyond measure to be his mom.
(If you like these amazing photos, my amazingly talented sister-in-law Holly took them for us. Check out her website, she has a true talent for capturing personality..www.hollymillerphotography.com)




No comments:
Post a Comment