
I was having a really bad day this past Friday and I had spent a few hours over at my mom's just letting the tears flow. I can't tell you how grateful I am for her wisdom and her listening ear. Later that evening I was at home looking at a mountain of dinner dishes and two 5 gallon buckets of peaches to can when she called me up and asked if I wanted to go to the Sara Evans concert. I gave Brody this "please..please..can I go look" and he said "see ya later". So I pulled my nasty hair up, tried to make myself look suitable for public, and ran out the door. Brody took this picture of us by my Mom's "Z". (I can't tell you how happy my sister's and brother are that she has this car. After years of station wagons, vans, and beat up sudans she finally has a car that fits her personality..that's right she is a sporty, flashy, spit fire!!) We were on the floor ten rows back. I could actually see Sara Evans eyelashes...and she is just as gorgeous in person as she is on T.V. What a voice!! It was a riot to watch my mom dancing and singing along to her songs. We had so much fun! To top off my wonderful night, I came home to kids in bed and nineteen quarts of freshly canned peaches. Apparently, Brody and Roper pealed and canned peaches while rocking out to Michael Jackson's "Thriller" while Mylee kicked back in her saucer. Grandma and Grandpa Miller came over and helped too! I was jacked! I am SO thankful for my very patient and understanding family...I can really be a beast on my bad days.




2 comments:
I'm so glad you got to have a night off- and that Brody is able to do that kind of stuff even with that sore thumb.
It sounds like that is just what you needed, what a great mom!
Post a Comment