Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Baptism and A Blessing


The month of September was full of special events for our family. Roper was baptized and Annie was blessed. We were so proud of Roper. He has always had a fear of water. I don't know why! I can't recall any traumatic experience he had with water as a baby but it just seems like he came out of the womb not liking water. Sure he'd get in the bath tub or the pool but if any water touched his face or his head he would lose it. (You can imagine the drama every day when it came to washing his hair) Well, I gotta tell ya we were so proud of him when he decided he wanted to be baptized. It was a HUGE step for him because his whole body had to go under the water. He was so nervous! I can't tell you how grateful I am for Brody...Roper started to cry a little to his dad once they walked down the stairs into the font. Brody quietly reassured him that everything would be ok. There were more then a few tear filled eyes as we watched Roper put his trust completely in his dad. They said a little prayer that Roper would be ok and then Brody baptized him. The smile that spread across his face when he came out of the water was priceless. He was so proud of himself. I will always remember his baptism...it was so sweet and it took a lot of courage. I am happy to report that his fear of water has drastically subsided since that day!




Our precious Annie was not to pleased with getting her picture taken. It was really windy and she thinks she needs to eat ALL THE TIME!!












5 comments:

Holly said...

I will always remember Roper's baptism too. It's neat that Brody took the time to make it such a sweet experience for Roper--

We love you.

Lindsay said...

I LOVE ANNIE!! she is sooo cute! I love her huge Brody mouth! give her a kiss for me.

Anonymous said...

Like Holly I too will never forget Rops baptism, the anxiety he felt beforehand...and the joy that covered his "I DID IT" face after, stills makes me get chocked up... it's priceless.........love to you all!

Erin said...

That is so touching, I got teary eyed just reading about it. I'm sure the spirit was really strong, and hopefully that is an experience Roper will always be able to look back on when he faces new fears/challenges down the road. He can remember how good it feels to make the right choice and have courage. What a sweet little boy. Congrats on your PRECIOUS and beautiful baby Annie! So so happy for your family. A miracle family full of miracle babies. You are an inspiration to me! Love you so much,

Er

Train Gang said...

very awesome! congrats! Its interesting the things kids can be afraid of, you just never know. My daughter had a deathly fear of (get this) bandaids...yeah, she'd scream if she just saw one, for years this went on and she'd rip them off if you tried to put one on a cut. so I totally "get" the water fear.